After reading the description and smelling the tea, I knew I was going to like it. As such, I decided to try yyz steeping parameters, my first time trying the little water short steeping method (what is that style called again?), hoping for a more sort of special process.
1 tsp, 4 oz water, 185 degrees, 45 seconds
Boy oh boy is this good. One of the few teas I’ve ever had that I feel absolutely no desire to add anything to (I think theres been 2, maybe 3 so far). Sort of vegetal, sort of nutty, with a very pleasant mouth feel, almost buttery. I enjoyed rolling the tea around in my mouth and just savoring the flavor.
60 sec steeping
Still delicious and nutty and vegetal, and buttery.
80 sec steeping
More nutty, less vegetal, and I’m getting notes of something fruity. I’m also so of noticing a pleasent sort metallic or maybe mineral sort of taste at the end of the sip. I feel like I’m getting better at detecting notes that aren’t specific added flavors (;
100 sec steeping
Oddly this steeping I noticed more vegetal and less nutty. Still buttery texture. The end of the sip this time is super fresh almost like the feeling of jumping into water, if that makes any since. It’s also more minerally. This steeping really reminds me of the ocean for some reason. I don’t taste seaweed exactly, but it tastes like how swimming in the ocean feels, kind of. I don’t know.
I notice that when I write my tasting notes as I sip, instead of right after I finish, they sound crazier, and make me sound really amateurish, haha. Either way I really enjoyed this tea, and I’m going to have to order more!

Flavors: Butter, Fruity, Mineral, Nutty, Vegetal

yyz

I’m glad you enjoyed it! The brewing method is called Gongfu.
I brew pretty well all my greens this way, even when brewing western style. For some reason 45s seems to be enough to draw out the flavour and prevent bitterness.

Arshness

See I got it. Your taste buds are opposite of mine haha.
You think Chamomile tastes like celery and you LIKED this one haha :)

This one tasted like… seaweed to me >_<

Mandy

Haha you got that right! I tried foxtrot last night and jut was not impressed, sorry to say haha. I still have to backlog it

Buuuhhh You don’t love mah favorite >_<
I just can’t believe how far your tastes and mine differ haha.
It’s like RADICAL OPPOSITE XD

Comments

yyz

I’m glad you enjoyed it! The brewing method is called Gongfu.

Arshness

See I got it. Your taste buds are opposite of mine haha.
You think Chamomile tastes like celery and you LIKED this one haha :)

This one tasted like… seaweed to me >_<

Mandy

Buuuhhh You don’t love mah favorite >_<
I just can’t believe how far your tastes and mine differ haha.
It’s like RADICAL OPPOSITE XD

20 years old
I’m starting to grow tired of green teas and green oolongs.
I’ve only recently began exploring straight blacks and puerhs, and I’ve been loving the one with cocoa and bread-like notes the most!
I’m also starting to drift away from flavored teas, but still like a good dessert tea every once in awhile.
I will always love a good chai.
I despise licorice and bacon.

Notes I like: