Thanks Cameron B for the sample. The wet leaf of this smells similar to the smell I get from puerhs (pond water, but I’m starting to think that what I think of as pond water, y’all call wet earth, and I can accept that). There’s also a cocoa note hidden in there.

I’m almost positive that this is my first Keemun. I’m very happy to report that I didn’t detect any smoke. I did sweeten it so that might have contributed to it, but either way I’m not a smoke fan so I’m glad I don’t taste any. What I get is chocolate and bread and malt. I just can’t get over how much I like black teas. I thought I hated them, but I was so wrong. Never judge a book by its cover, and never judge a tea genre on its cheap bagged tea dust. I don’t know if it’s just because black teas are still “new” to me, but I think they’re becoming my favorite tea.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cocoa, Malt, Wet Earth

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Pond water is just naturally brewed earth tea :)

Cameron B.

I don’t get any smoke from this one either! Mostly lovely dark bread and raisiny notes. Delicious! :D

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Pond water is just naturally brewed earth tea :)

Cameron B.

20 years old
I’m starting to grow tired of green teas and green oolongs.
I’ve only recently began exploring straight blacks and puerhs, and I’ve been loving the one with cocoa and bread-like notes the most!
I’m also starting to drift away from flavored teas, but still like a good dessert tea every once in awhile.
I will always love a good chai.
I despise licorice and bacon.

Notes I like: