My anniversary sampler finally can in and I decided to start with this since I’ve never tried raw puerh before. The dry leaf smells sweet and vegetal. I did 2 15 second rinses and then 20,25,30,25,30,30,40,40,45 second steeps. If other raw puerhs are like this, I don’t understand why so many people fear them. It reminds me a lot of a dark green tea. The first steep tasted exactly like spinach. Pure spinach. The second steep was a but bitter and astringent. As was the third, which is why I backed up the steeping times. But the tea remained very spinachy, taking on a (chest?)nut background note in the later steepings and as it cooled. The last few steep were also pretty green bean and kale like. There’s also the astringency and bitterness popping in and out at random times.

Definitely not as scary as I thought.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

I think the cooked ones are the “scary” ones typically.

Marzipan

Spinach, kale and green bean tea. :(

Mandy

That makes more sense

Marzipan of course is scary for those who don’t like green tea though (;

Comments

Cameron B.

I think the cooked ones are the “scary” ones typically.

Marzipan

Spinach, kale and green bean tea. :(

Mandy

That makes more sense

Marzipan of course is scary for those who don’t like green tea though (;

20 years old
I’m starting to grow tired of green teas and green oolongs.
I’ve only recently began exploring straight blacks and puerhs, and I’ve been loving the one with cocoa and bread-like notes the most!
I’m also starting to drift away from flavored teas, but still like a good dessert tea every once in awhile.
I will always love a good chai.
I despise licorice and bacon.

Notes I like: