This is such an intriguing tea. The dark spindly leaves look like a black tea when dry, and they smell sort of malty and breadish like a black tea. But the wet tea smells malty still, but also bright and fruity, like apricots and lime zest. And the leaves have unspindled, and have become light to medium green whole leaves, reminding me of green tea or a green oolong.

And the taste is a mix of malt and honey, apricots and water chestnuts, and a bit of citrus. It might sound like an odd mix, but the different notes come out to play at different times and blend with the other notes to create a very complex and interesting cup.

I can’t even describe what I’m tasting, but this is my best attempt to.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
yyz

I think you did a pretty good job. This tea really does have a complex mix of flavours.

Mandy

Thank you. I honestly didn’t realize how complex it was when I had it and was too busy and this distracted to dedicate the time to truly experience the tea. Next time I’m going to take my time with this tea and contemplate what I’m tasting better.

Comments

yyz

Mandy

20 years old
I’m starting to grow tired of green teas and green oolongs.
I’ve only recently began exploring straight blacks and puerhs, and I’ve been loving the one with cocoa and bread-like notes the most!
I’m also starting to drift away from flavored teas, but still like a good dessert tea every once in awhile.
I will always love a good chai.
I despise licorice and bacon.

Notes I like: