drank Pu'erh Leaf by Teas Etc

This gets better every time I drink it. I rinsed it for 15 sec and then steeped it for 4 min. Its a very earthy, very dark brown tea. It tastes like it smells, earthy. It would not be an everyday tea for me, but its great once in a while. I tried the 30 sec steeps and the tea just had no taste to it for me. It tasted like dark water. I guess thats why everyones taste is different. This way just works for me and I like it.

Cofftea

What was your leaf/water ratio when you did the short steeps?

Dan

I used 2 full tsp to 8 oz of water.

Cofftea

Not sure what the weight of that would be, but that may be the problem. I use 1g/1oz of water when I do short steeps (which is always). Due to the large leaf amount I normally make 2-3oz cups.

Dan

Looks like I need a scale.

Cofftea

Definitely worth it! I got one that reads to .01 (which I recommend if you’re gonna bother buying one at all) for $15.

Dan

Please let me know the name and model number. $15 sounds like a bargain to me.

Comments

Cofftea

What was your leaf/water ratio when you did the short steeps?

Dan

I used 2 full tsp to 8 oz of water.

Dan

Looks like I need a scale.

Dan

Please let me know the name and model number. $15 sounds like a bargain to me.