This tea was drinkable, much better than sencha. Its a little earthy and a little nutty tasting. It had a light mouthfeel and not as tasty as the genmaichi. I’m trying to like green teas, but its really not working for me. I like many of the chinese and Indian green teas but the Japanese variety is baffling me.

phreshphish

The reason you may not care as much for the Japanese greens is the process. They steam them, whereas the Chinese pan fire the leaves. I, myself, far prefer the Chinese to the Japanese for this reason. Just a thought.

Cofftea

Dan, we’re total opposites- houjicha and gen mai cha are the only greens I don’t like lol.

Comments

phreshphish

Cofftea

I have been gone from steepster for the last 2 years traveling and getting to know my wife of 42 years better. Now we have retired to North Florida from Maine. We now eat organic and limit our tea selections to proven organic tea companies.
[email protected]