drank Mountain Malt by The Simple Leaf

I over steeped this for 1 minute (4 vs 3). My timer was set for Rishi’s chinese breakfast and I forgot to reset. While this is still a brisk, robust tea with no bitterness, its lost some of the notes I’ve grown to love. Its still malty but the biscuit aroma is gone. Its still a great black tea but not the same. I won’t over steep again.

LadyLondonderry

That’s valuable info. It’s remarkable what a difference a minute can make, isn’t it?

Harfatum

Yes, MM is amazing when prepared just right, but too much leaves or too long a steep can leave it dishwatery or harsh. Gotta be careful with this one.

Comments

LadyLondonderry

Harfatum

I have been gone from steepster for the last 2 years traveling and getting to know my wife of 42 years better. Now we have retired to North Florida from Maine. We now eat organic and limit our tea selections to proven organic tea companies.
[email protected]