This is my first and not my last foray into Ceylon tea. The only Ceylons ( I almost typed Cylons) I have drank have been in tea bag form. This is a mellow buttery smooth tea. The tea has a sweetness to it, not bitter, and has a light astringency. The label says to steep for 3-5 minutes, next time I try 3 to see If I can find some of the citrus notes this tea is supposed to have.

LadyLondonderry

The only Ceylon I’ve tasted lately is Upton’s Kenilworth, which was lovely. I gave it to my mom because she takes her tea without milk, and I think this one (and maybe most Ceylons) is best enjoyed that way.

I see you’re doing a lot of Upton sampling, Dan. Now that it’s payday, I need to place a big sample order and do the same!

Dan

I really like the prices of Upton’s samples. I ordered my staples (River Shannon and 3 others) and then proceeded to add about 15 samples to the order.

Comments

LadyLondonderry

Dan