drank White Peony by Rishi Tea

As with all the Rishi teas I’ve tried, I enjoyed this one. I hadn’t had white tea before, but this certainly isn’t what I had expected. I followed the instructions and used 2 tablespoons for an 8-ounce serving. The infusion was indeed “amber-orange,” as the description says; I suppose I had expected it to look more like a green tea. The taste was interesting as well—much less delicate and much more rich than I had expected (although it definitely was mild, subtle, and delicate—just less so than I expected). I’m not sure I could yet identify what flavors there are yet; I’d have to give it a few more tries. My wife tried some; she finds green teas too subtle for her liking, but enjoyed this. Make of that what you will.

Hi, I’m Mark! I’ve loved tea since my childhood, but have only recently begun to get into the higher quality loose-leaf tea world, and I love it! I try to buy all of my tea locally (it’s easier for me to keep track of my spending when I use cash, plus the lack of shipping makes me feel like I get more for my money, of which I have little).

Colorado Springs