drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

Drinking this was such an odd experience for me. My brain and my taste buds were constantly at war.

I don’t like coffee, in any way, shape or form. OK, I like the smell, but that’s it. So I read and read about mate in general and about this tea in particular, and it had such good reviews that I had to give it a try.

So I was measuring it into my infuser and Brain goes, “Boy that looks a little like it will taste like coffee.” I kept going.

Then as it was infusing, Brain goes again, “Smells a little like coffee.” So I put a little creamer in my mug to make it more like chocolate malted milk.

Then I took a drink, and it really didn’t taste much like coffee at all. But I kept having to talk myself into enjoying it.

Things got weird then, because before every drink Brain would say again, “It’s going to taste like coffee” even though I had already tasted it! Then I would drink it, and it didn’t.

After this cup I was exhausted from the argument and I went back to bed.

But really, it wasn’t bad!

Suziqzer

Love how your brain is arguing with you on this one even when you knew it wasn’t going to taste like coffee. This is probably one my Hubby would enjoy. I like the occasional coffee, but not too strong and usually with yummy stuff added !

Stephanie

I used to love this one quite a bit but lately the chocolate has been tasting a bit artificial to me.

Comments

Suziqzer

Stephanie

Mom of two practically grown girls, extremely happily married to a man who is amused by my obsession with tea, and company owner who works from home. Life is good.

Likes/dislikes: I love black teas, especially strong/malty ones. I am ok with flavored teas if the base is strong. I like some whites. I really don’t like any tea that tastes “green” – if I wanted to drink something that tastes like green beans, I would cook some green beans. I am not big on green teas, genmaichas or puerhs (although I’m still trying).

If we are trading, I have a STRONG aversion to coconut, banana and licorice. I love citrus, vanilla and spice. Not a fan of florals.

I own a secret shopping company, and we have a lot of national accounts. If you are interested in being a shopper please send me your location and I’ll see what we have in your area.
www.summitscheduling.com