English class was a little difficult today because the subject matter hit really close to home for me. By the time it was time to leave, I felt really emotionally drained so I decided it was time to raid my teacher’s tea basket for a different tea than my (becoming) usual morning mate.

The first thing that hit me was that the tea bag was very pretty and I saw a complete jasmine bloom in the full leaf bag! From a place where it is hard to get full leaves in a tea bag, I think this is pretty awesome. I think I steeped this about five to six minutes on my walk from class to my dorm room.

This is the second jasmine tea I have ever had and it stood up really well to a longer steep. There is just a hint of bitterness on the back on my tongue, but I am fully aware that it is my fault for that one. I kinda like the bitterness there. It also doesn’t taste overwhelmingly of flowers. The taste reminds me of honeysuckle that was mixed with jasmine dew.

The best thing about the cup is the smell when it was steeping. I could close my eyes and imagine myself just standing in a middle of a jasmine garden. This was a really good pick and now I feel ready to face the rest of my day.