Apparently, I can’t bear to think of a Tuesday or a Thursday without having a cup full of this tea. I discovered something very interesting about drinking this cup. I did not taste the mocha this time. Instead I tasted a rich, deep earthiness with just a touch of bitterness that would sound on the back of my tongue. When the steam rose up from the cup, I could smell the chocolate a tiny bit, but it mostly reminded me of petrichor. That smell of rich, damp earth.

I’m going to knock a couple of points off for the loss of chocolate, but I think I fell in love with yerba mate.