Since I have been on my mate kick that was spurred on my RoT’s Dark Chocolate Mate, I found where I could pick some of this up. I brewed this for 10 minutes in some quickly nuked water that didn’t really get that hot. Just hot enough to brew tea in.

It reminds me of a slightly spicy chocolate chai. I’m still not sure what real mate tastes like, so the chocolate is nice. I do know that compared to Rot’s chocolate mate, this one is really smooth and does not remind me of coffee at all. I am so glad I got a box because I am going to drink this one down fairly quickly.

It might have to become my morning tea because I feel a little more awake right now. Which is a good thing because I have to write at least half of a story for class tonight.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more