I was excited to drink this because it meant I finally got to compare this mate to Guayaki’s chocolate mate. This was dark and earthy and dark cocoa stayed on my tongue. I added a splash of milk to see how it would taste as well, and the vanilla soy completely overwhelmed the tea and mixed with the chocolate to make it taste like coffee. I’m not sure I liked that effect because I don’t really like the taste of coffee.

I am bumping this down a few notches because I don’t think the mate tastes as good as the Guayaki mate. I still love it because it was my introduction to mate, but I think I’m going to find better brands out there.