drank Yerba Mate by Guayaki

My fiance helped me get a french press to take back to school so I could make a fair amount of mate easier in the morning at school. Getting the tea ball out first thing in the morning is a little hard to do and I always spill some from my tea pot when I try to put it in my travel mug. So, I had to break it in this morning.

I followed the instructions on the bag and pre-wet the leaves like it said. It tastes so earthy! Earthy, strong, and yummy. I took a sip plain to see what it would taste like and it was strong! But it didn’t get bad-tasting strong like some black tea can when you steep it too long. Then I added milk (unfrothed, sadly) for a nice mate latte. I am convinced that yerba mate will probably go well with everything now. I am thinking about getting a bottle of chocolate to use on indulgent occasions to make mate mochas.

I only did one steep this time, but I am sure that the second steep would have been even better. The french press is also nice and easy to clean as well.

K S

Life got a lot easier when I bought my press and lost the tea ball.