I am normally not that big a fan of bottled teas because most of them are just way too sweet for my liking. But, I love Pomegranate and I am in a current love affair with Guayaki Mate, so I searched high and low for a bottle of this. Luckily, we had it local so I didn’t have to risk $30 on a case of bottled mate and not like it. I shouldn’t have worried anyway.

The taste is very interesting. It it only slightly sweet, but the sweetness is not overwhelming. I get that splash of pomegranate tang and then a note that tastes like ginsing. It does have some tulsi in it, so that may be what I am tasting. It is very good and not very expensive. About two bucks and change for a big, heavy bottle that feels like it is very good quality and two servings of a yummy drink.

I had my fiance try a sip or two and he thought it was very interesting. It was stronger than he was expecting, but he liked it. He read the memory enhancing properties of the tea and teased me for the rest of the night. He’ll just have to wait until I get some of the other flavors to try out. We only have three flavors local to us though, so it might take a while.

One note on the bottled mate: you will want to shake it up before drinking it. Some of the mate powder settles on the bottom and all you get is the slightly bitter pomegranate and really weak mate flavor.