I decided to try this again. This time I took the kettle off of the burner when it just started to make the slightest bit of noise. I kept the leaf the same and only did 3 minutes or so for the steep time.

The liquor is still golden, but it reminds me more of clarified butter than sunshine. The aroma is gentler. I still smell a light scent of fresh cut grass. It is a lovely smell though.

The biggest thing that changed was the taste. Wow! What was first very grassy and dewy changed to be slightly sweet. It reminds me more of honeysuckle. Barely there and sweet. It is really smooth and tastes slick on my tongue. The more I sip on it, the more I get an almost buttery taste. Especially if I just let it linger in my mouth before I swallow.

This is just so different from any of the green teas I have ever experienced. I really taste butter now. It is freaking me out a little bit, but I think I like it.

Ok, after it cooled down a little bit the butter mellowed out from the initial taste. Now it is just a slight aftertaste on the sides of my tongue. I still feel like I should be drinking this with pancakes.