I have been craving this tea since yesterday, but I was too tired to make it yesterday because of my writer’s conference. Now it is officially over and I have both time and energy to make tea.

I think I lost track of time when making my water. It is slightly hotter than the last time I made it. I also steeped it for slightly longer because I am bad at keeping track of time today.

The buttery creaminess is still present, but only slightly. I think I might be able to get another steep out of these leaves with cooler water and a slightly longer time. I’m being experimental.

Second Steep

I let it go for four minutes instead of three this time. I’m not sure if it will get any flavor out of the leaves or not, but that is what I am going to find out. The color is light yellow now instead of the clarified butter shade of yellow.

At first it has that nice light green taste to it, but then it has a really rough after taste on the back of your throat. Really drying even though it has a register of smooth butter for a brief second.

Moral of the story: pay attention to my water and time when steeping this tea. I will have a better cup next time.