drank Earl Grey by Twinings

I found a recipe for Earl Grey lemonade and it made me curious. It has been very hot here recently and I have been drinking a fair amount of half-tea, half-lemonade that my fiance’s mother has started to buy. The recipe was basically the half-tea and half-lemonade with the tea part being Earl Grey.

I made a strong cup (1 bag steeped for 10 minutes) and poured in some lemonade I made yesterday for Memorial Day. It was about 3/4 Earl Grey and 1/4 lemonade. At first it was a yummy mix with a splash of bergamot mixing with the lemons. Then it kept getting tarter and tarter.

So I drank it down and put in enough lemonade to bring the mix to 1/2 Earl Grey and 1/2 lemonade. Then I put in a spoonful of sugar and mixed it well. The color now looks closer to the half-and-half store-bought mix. Now it is yummy with a splash of that bergamot at the end. The sugar made it sweeter, but I think it toned down the tartness too much. But I think that you would want an equal 1/2 and 1/2 mix for this Earl Grey Lemonade.

I might have to make a bigger bottle of this the next time we make lemonade. I really like it, but I don’t think my family will enjoy it as much. So I will have to make two bottles of lemonade. I think this is a very nice way to enjoy Earl Grey on a hot summer day.

I wonder if it would work well with different tea blends? It is a good thing that I might have to experiment because it is supposed to be very hot this summer. I just have to make sure that we have a fresh supply of lemons to keep the house stocked with lemonade because I don’t like using the lemon juice in the bottle. That makes the lemonade taste chemically and fake.

Edit: I think I was jumping to conclusions about the sugar. It has been sitting for a while and now the bergamot is jumping up and down again playing with that sugar. Balance has never tasted so yummy!