Backlogging from Vacation #2:

I didn’t drink a lot of tea at my fiance’s father’s house because they don’t have a hot water kettle. To me, a house without a kettle is like a house without books. very strange.

My fiance heated my water up on the stove and brought it to near boiling. Then he steeped it for about three minutes. I had it plain for the second time since he has had this tea and it tasted better. It was still very earthy. I figured out the smell. It is the deep soil that you find down in the water table. That smell. That is why it also smells a little like fish to me because I associate the earthy water smell to freshwater fish. It reminds me of diggng for worms in the garden when I fished with my dad.

I wanted a glass of this because I ate too much and I thought it might help my stomach feel less bloated. It didn’t quite work the way I wanted to, but it was still good.