After so long, I finally got to have one of these as a treat. I was excited and ordered it expecting to find a good (not great) earl grey with steamed milk.

It was terrible. It was like the service didn’t even know how to prepare it. They kept the tea bag in the cup while preparing it and they didn’t give it enough time to steep before mixing in the steamed milk. Instead they poured in the steamed milk right away. When I got it cooled down enough so that I could drink it, all it tasted like was sweet milky paper with a hint of bad bergamot.

I really need to find a good steamer/frother of my own so that I can just have my own tea lattes when I want them. There was no reason for them not to steep the tea for three or four minutes and then take the bag out before making the rest of the drink. There was nobody there but our small group.