drank Mate Lemon by Numi Organic Tea

I didn’t even notice that this mate blend had green tea in it. If I knew that, I might have stopped the kettle just a little bit sooner. I didn’t let it boil, but it was probably just as hot as I use for my oolongs.

I have been meaning to brew this up for weeks now, but I have kept putting it off. When steeped, this smells overpoweringly like lemon but it is mixed with some earth to temper the tart smell. It smelled wonderful. You could taste the mate in the mix when it was brewed, but I could barely taste the lemon and another note that I now know was the green tea. I normally don’t like lemon in my tea, but I was sad that I didn’t taste more of the lemon.

I think this would make a very nice iced tea if brewed hot and then chilled and added just enough sugar to make it sweet. Not cloying sweet though or else you might bury the faint lemon.

This makes me miss my mate that I used to have daily. I’ve just been too lazy to brew it lately. I need to bring my bag out and brew it more.