Time for my green tea after dinner tea plan! Since my white Silver Needle Jasmine tasted better with more leaf, I decided to put in about a teaspoon more leaf than I normally do.

Whoah! It smells green and buttery right from the get-go this time. I don’t even need to get close to my mug to get the yummy buttery smell. I steeped this for two minutes. I am finally getting the butter note that I have missed from my first dragonwell. Then the green tea flavor comes charging in and enveloping my mouth with its wonderful taste. The liquor is still very pale even with the extra leaf. This tea isn’t as astringent as my green jasmine pearls which makes for a lovely bedtime tea.

I think I have been under-leafing my french press recently. I will have to pay attention with my other teas to make sure I am getting the leaf-to-water ratio right and get a new teaspoon for measuring.

Babble

How long did you steep this for? I’m totally thinking about getting it but found that the premium version I need to steep for a minute or less.

MegWesley

I steep it for two minutes and then up the steep time for a minute with each steep. My press holds about two teacups (1 mug) worth and I can get about three steeps out of each bunch if I want.

Is the premium version you have not working out for you? I have to play around with some teas and sometimes my tastebuds change and I have to figure out how I like my teas again.

Comments

Babble

MegWesley