drank Chocolate Chai by Wegmans

I couldn’t help myself from diving into this tea today. It was cold and it has been drizzling off and on all day today. Thankfully the wind has died down. Only a couple of tree limbs have fallen to the ground with no damage.

I brewed this for four minutes and poured it into my Tardis mug with no additions to try out. It smells good. I don’t remember it smelling overwhelmingly like chocolate but it made me smile. I tried the tea and with no additions, it doesn’t really taste like much. I mostly could taste the tea and it was a middle of the road tea.

Unsatisfied, I decided that since traditional chai is made with milk then I needed to try this with milk before deciding if I liked it or not. I am so glad I did! When the milk was added both the chocolate and a pepper note jumped out at me. The chocolate was bordering a darker chocolate and the pepper note was closer to a red chili pepper than anything else. It was good and satisfying. I think this would make a very good early morning tea.

Thank you Veronica for sending me this tea to try!

Kittenna

Tardis mug! Is that the one where the tardis disappears from one side of the mug and reappears on the other? My roomie has that mug :D

MegWesley

It is the one that is actually shaped like the Tardis. It is interesting to drink out of but oh so fun! I also want the King Henry and his wives mug. That is where his wives disappear and reappear.

Kittenna

Nice! I looked up the Tardis mug and am contemplating buying one… maybe my Doctor Who-loving boyfriend would try try some tea if it was out of a Tardis mug??? (Sadly, he’s not the type to be super amused by such things, so probably not…)

MegWesley

I got mine on ThinkGeek and it works wonderfully with hot cocoa and coffee as well. lol. You never know unless you ask him.

Comments

Kittenna

Twitter: MegWesley