drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

Thank you Indigobloom for sending me a sample of this tea along with all the other tea goodies!

My fiancee was over when I opened the sample of this tea. He had been hearing me rave about how good this was supposed to be, so he went through the steeping process with me. He only got to stay for one steep though.

This tea is called Golden Fleece for a reason. I feel so decadent drinking this. The leaves are golden and the liquor has a golden tint to it throughout all four steeps.

The first steep took me back to thoughts of what Victorian summer garden parties would be. It was vanilla-sugar sweet, but it didn’t taste like you dumped a spoonful of sugar in. The mouthfeel is so silky and the smell is just divine. I have a hard time just describing the smell because it is something you really have to experience first hand.

The second steep was sweeter and darker at the same time. The taste started to morph to a more raw sugar sweet instead of vanilla. There is a slight spice also starting to come out. It is hard to determine which spice I am tasting because it just blends in so well with the rest of the flavors.

The third steep I had this morning. It tastes similar to the second steep, but it has a little bit more richness. The sweetness is more like brown sugar. The spice is a bit more pronounced. The closest spice I can think of is more like allspice or maybe a bit of clove.

I am currently working on the fourth steep and I never want it to end. Smooth and silky honey with just a shaving of dark chocolate. It is mingled with clove. This feels like something the ancient gods would drink or maybe even old kings and queens. It is like nothing I have ever tasted and it is just wonderful.

Thank you again Indigobloom for sending me a sample. It is a gorgeous tea and I am going to have to keep an eye out to see if I can get myself a tin if this comes back in stock (and if my funds will allow it).

Indigobloom

aw I’m so glad you got the package! I always worry, ever since two of mine disappeared last year. You’re most welcome!
This is such a lovely tea, I adore it to :)