After having the Oriental Beauty, I was expecting Iron Goddess to be a darker oolong too, but it isn’t. It is a delightful green oolong. I don’t think I got the water hot enough on the first steep, but I’m on the second steep now after eating a big meal of pork fried rice with fried wontons.

The smell is wonderfully floral. It reminds me of a field of wildflowers in bloom. The taste is light and floral (not surprising). It is subtle and it does not remind you in any way of perfume. I know a lot of people worry about floral teas tasting like perfume.

This steep was brewed for two minutes and nothing has changed from the first steep. The flavor is just stronger. It is perfect to have after this type of meal and I will probably be drinking pot after pot of it tonight until I am done with it. I will update this note to say how many steeps it took me through tonight with my little two-cup pot.

Edit: It has lasted me through about four steeps in my french press. (8 tea cups) I can tell that the fourth steep is a little weaker than the third steep so it will be the last steep for me tonight.