drank Lemon Chiffon by Red Rose

Since I liked the Creme Caramel so much and my tea basket is slowly dwindling, I decided to pick up a box of the Lemon Chiffon tea to try. Now, I normally don’t like lemon in tea very much, so I am not expecting much out of this.

My mouth was watering before the water even heated up because of how this teabag smelled. It was like I had just taken a sheet of lemon bars out of the oven. Sadly, once you get the tea brewed the smell goes away. Very sad. Tea companies really need to figure out how to get the dry leaf to smell like the prepared tea when they smell that good.

Plain the tea was underwhelming. It had a nice smooth base and it just tasted like you squeezed a lemon into it. While some people may appreciate that, it is just not my cup of tea. (puns, love them)

So I put in two teaspoons of sugar and tried again. Ah! This is what I was hoping for. You can still taste the tea, but the flavor has been transformed from a fresh squeezed lemon to a cake-like lemon bar. The kind where they have sugar on the bottom of the bar and the filling is so gooey it is almost like lemon pudding instead of cake? It is that sort of bar and it was one of my favorite treats in college.

I prefer the caramel creme over the lemon, but this is pretty good as long as I remember the sugar.

Best of all, this one is decaf so I’ll get to share it with my mom. I am sure she will love it.

(Also, this is my 500th tea note!)

Fjellrev