drank Chocolate Mint by Harney & Sons

Hello there Steepster! I missed you too. Crazy things happening with my work schedule with the upside that I’m going to have more time for my tasty teas.

So, I basically squealed when I saw a tin of this tea in Target. I just had to pick it up. I was expecting it to be loose leaf, but it was in sachets. Not that sachets are bad and I really should have been expecting that. After all, it is a Target. Not exactly the best demographic group for loose leaf teas.

This smells heavenly. Very minty with a hint of black tea.

With no additions added, it was mostly mint. A nice pleasant mint. Not a candy flavored whoah this is way too much mint type of deal. But a nice crisp and refreshing sort of mint that is very pleasant to have on a cold winter morning. But there wasn’t a strong taste of chocolate. If I concentrated I could pick out a hint of bittersweet chocolate, but nothing more.

With two teaspoons of sugar there was no change to the chocolate note. You could taste that it was sweetened. So it really doesn’t need sugar. Doesn’t change a thing.

I was reluctant to add milk to it because in my experience, milk often dulls down the flavor of some teas. So I added just a drop. Just enough to turn the tea color from a rich dark brown to a milk chocolate brown. Luckily, that brought out the chocolate note how I wanted it to. It is now a milky chocolate with a light bright peppermint note on the finish all dancing around on a subtle black tea base.

Indigobloom