I finally feel relaxed enough to get out my gaiwan and my oolongs to play with. My fiance is here too and is enjoying helping me taste my teas. We are putting each steep in my little ceramic tea pot and using that as a fair share so we get a nice even flavor. (Have I said thank you Teavivre often enough yet?)

Now, I haven’t had any tea in a while so I am out of practice picking out notes in tea, but this is nice and comforting. It tastes flowery but not overly flowery. There is a slight buttery taste at the back of the tongue, but it is just a hint. It tastes more green than a roasted one.

There is just something very complex and very simple about this at the same time. It is very nice and with the super short steeps it is very smooth. This would be a really nice oolong to introduce to someone that didn’t know oolongs and is very comforting right now.

I used one little sample packet to fill my oolong and it looks like I have a little forest in my gaiwan. I used boiling water for my second round of three steeps.

Flavors: Flowers

Boiling
__Morgana__

So sweet that your fiancé is “helping” taste your teas. :-)