drank English Breakfast by Twinings

I was commenting on my blog on how I was just beginning to get into tea when somebody found me and suggested this site. After a day of lurking, I liked what I saw and here I am. I just picked up a sampler pack of Twinings teas from the store yesterday. I am still in the teabag phase and just starting to branch out into different flavors and different blends.

I didn’t steep this for very long because I am still getting used to black teas and I didn’t want it to come out too bitter. But now I’m not too sure I steeped it long enough. I also didn’t put any milk or sugar in the tea. I want to cut back on my sugar intake so I am learning to drink my tea straight.

It is strange. It tastes weak but strong at the same time. It isn’t unpleasant. I have four more bags of this to experiment with. I think next time I’ll steep it for a little bit longer than what I did. It has been slowly cooling down and as it cools it starts to get a little bitter in the back of my throat. Well, I’m not sure if bitter is the right word. It feels like my tongue and back of my throat gets dry after I swallow and has a strange aftertaste. This is the taste I normally associate with black tea when it cools honestly. Though sometimes my green teas do the same thing.

Overall, I think I am starting to like the taste. It has the texture of tea but the flavor reminds me of a weak cup of my Dad’s decaf coffee. I’m not sure if I would drink this in the afternoon that much but I could see myself waking up with a cup of this.

Jason

Welcome! We love tea drinkers of all kinds so feel free to join in on the fun :)

MegWesley

Thanks! I think I might like it here.

Comments

Jason

MegWesley

Thanks! I think I might like it here.

Twitter: MegWesley