drank Pomegranate Green by Bentley's

I got this tea for Christmas a few years ago from my boyfriend’s mother. I love pomegranate and green tea so she got this for me. I like it hot and cold. I find it interesting to prepare because I always have the tart pom taste at the back of my throat when I get done.

This time I wanted to prepare it differently since it is cooler here but I didn’t want to drink another hot tea. I made a larger cup and steeped the tea with four tea bags. Then I filled up my blender with ice, squirted some agave into it, poured the tea over it, then blended it all together. It was pretty good like that. I still got that pom tang at the end but something tasted a little off.

So, when I finished I added a little bit of milk, some white sugar (I like my cold teas sweet), and a splash of vanilla extract. I blended that for a few seconds and that made all the difference. The milk brought more of a body to the blend so it wasn’t just iced tea with crushed up ice. The vanilla also smoothed out the tart punch at the end and added a little bit of flavor. And the sugar made it sweet enough for me.

I wouldn’t make this mixture very often but it tasted pretty good. It was almost like a smoothie for me. It made about 3 big mugs/glasses of drink and was cool. It would be good on a very hot day.