drank English Breakfast by Twinings

I was reading a post last night on Numi’s 2 Week Puerh (Pu-erh?) Challenge blog and somebody had made oatmeal with her tea. I thought that this sounded interesting and different so I decided then that I would try it today.

So, I brewed up a tea of English Breakfast and made it a little stronger. Four minutes seems to be the magic point for me this week. The sips of the tea I had before I made the oatmeal were nice and kinda earthy. The taste is really difficult for me to put my finger on right now but it is good.

I poured about 1/4 a glass over raw oats and put some agave nectar on the oats and mixed it up. The oats all bunched up and looked a little sad that they weren’t getting any brown sugar and butter like they normally do. But the oatmeal was nice and thick. They tasted a little gluey without being the blech gluey taste that I have always associated raw oats with. It was a good earthy gluey. In hindsight, I would make the tea a little stronger for the oatmeal so I could get a little bit more of the tea’s flavor in the oatmeal. I would also put some fruit in the oatmeal next time as well.

The rest of the tea got some milk in it. I saw a picture of this mug (http://www.firebox.com/product/1975/MyCuppa-Mugs?via=ser) a while back and according to that mug I put enough milk in it for it to be considered milky. It was nice and very creamy while still having that mild earthy taste to it.

Edit: got the link down but actually had a typo. Bad English student! ; )

Twitter: MegWesley