I think I may be converted into making myself pots of tea and having them in teacups. There is something so soothing about heating up the water, tempering the tea pot, and then steeping the tea. I have a perfect two person pot, so sharing is easy as long as I only have one other person. I also like that my teapot is ceramic, so it keeps the water hot for longer than I would expect.

I also like making tea in a teapot when I have to do something very boring. Like dishes. I heated the water and put it in the pot to steep my tea bag. I have no idea how long I left it in. I emptied the dishwasher, made my dad a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and made myself some tuna salad, so it was probably more than eight minutes.

I think I finally got the tea to steep long enough. It was probably a little oversteeped, but it didn’t effect the tastiness of the tea. You can taste the peppermint, but it is more of an after-the-fact taste. I can drink this straight, but I really prefer this tea to be sweetened with honey. I’m not sure how it would taste with milk yet. I should try it one time just to see how it goes.

I would prefer it to be more minty, but this tea just isn’t going to go there. It is good and I would recommend it to somebody that isn’t familiar with mint tea as a starting place.

Boiling 8 min or more