The first time I tried a rooibos tea, I didn’t like it. I thought it was tasteless and not strong and it wasn’t very good. That is why I have been putting off trying this tea. But tonight, I finally broke down and made myself a small pot of this with boiling water.

The liquid was a darker brown with a light tan color around the rim of my glass. It looked very pretty. The smell was dark and spicy. It smelled good in my cup. Then I took the plunge and tried it. It was pretty good. I really didn’t taste that much besides cinnamon and another unidentified spice. It was also mellow, which was nice. Overall, it was much better than I expected.

Since it was chai, I wanted to try some of it with a bit of milk. On the half of my second cup, I poured a little Silk Vanilla Soy in my cup. It didn’t bring out any flavors in the tea itself, but it made it smoother. It would have been good if it was boiled with milk at a stronger flavor with just a dash of honey over the stove. If I ever get a chance to try it again, I might try it like that. Or I just might drink it straight since it is very good straight.