This is one of my first oolong teas (and my first tasting note). I prepared this according to directions and added a bit of sugar. It was “okay”, but seemed to have a bit of a metalic taste. Perhaps it was just me or maybe it’s been in the tin too long. However, by the end of the cup I was enjoying it and I even steeped another. I didn’t detect any orchid in flavor and I don’t recall an orchid smell.

This is my cat, Morgan, and a teapot my brother gave me for Christmas in 1995. I put yogurt on the tea pot to try to get my cat to lick it for the picture, but she was more interested in seeing what was on my fingers.
My brother had his friend make the teapot for me while he was at college. It has sustained many moves and two children without injury. It is very dear to me and I love it.
I am over a year into my most “serious” tea journey to date and loving my discoveries.
(Update: We had to put Morgan down at the beginning of February. She was a lovely cat. We recently adopted two male Tuxedo cats and we are trying to adjust to each other.)

Western New York State