drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

heeey! This is pretty good! This is another David’s Tea that I was convinced I didn’t need to try. Then came all those gushing reviews. Ack! The first day I went to pick up a sample of this, it was completely sold out. Apparently, it was sold out within three days. Three days! How does NYC already have such a huge DT following? There must be a ton of Canadian expats or something. But anyway, they finally restocked and I snagged a 1 oz sample size.

I just used all of it to make one potful with 4.5 cups of water. Clearly, one would need quite a bit of dry tea to keep up a Tropicalia habit. I plan to chill this pot and drink it tomorrow. :) Even though the weather has cooled down enough now that it’s possible to drink hot teas, I feel that this one would benefit from a chilling. I am sampling a bit of it hot now, just to see how it is.

I must admit, the brewed tea looks disturbingly like soup. It’s a rich yellow-y orange and there’s a nice layer of oil floating on top. I’m sure it’s from the coconut, so I’m not worried, but man, this looks like soup! I expect to stir it up a bit and find onion pieces in there. Speaking of which, I ate some of the tea after brewing. the little pineapple bits were the best! :)

This tea is surprisingly sweet all by itself. I suspect it’s all the dried fruit pieces. I can definitely taste the apple and the pineapple with a yummy coconut richness in the background. This also reminds me a bit of amaretto. Just a bit, but enough to convince me that a splash of amaretto would be amazing. maybe with a bit of sugar and cream. The tea person that sold me this said he liked it with Bacardi. I’m sure that would be great too. :)

My only complaint? You need too much tea to make your drink. I probably won’t be getting more of this.

I’ll rate this once I’ve had it chilled. For now, it’s time to make dinner!

Kittenna

Best new tea by far. But yes, a bit expensive because it’s so heavy and you need to use so much.

Comments

Kittenna

My profile pic features my two lovable puppies, Mr. Snuggles and Sr. Caliente.

NYC / Westchester