I spent a good amount of time preparing various teas to chill or cold brew since its a hot weekend and we will be wanting to drink lots of cold drinks!

This particular tea I decided to brew hot and then ice. I read somewhere that fruit teas don’t cold brew well. I have my doubts about that but I only had enough to make one pitcher so I thought I’d go the safe route.

Dry, this tea smells like melony heaven. Very honeydew! Yum!

Hot, this tea just tastes mostly like hot apple. After chilling this tastes more like sweet melon but still pretty strongly of dried apple pieces. I don’t really like the taste of dried apple pieces. Other than that this tea is definitely very summery and melony. I don’t think I like this enough to get more but it is definitely tasty. Could be good as a liquid for aqua fresca.

Husband has already consumed more than half a pitcher. Good thing I made all those other teas cold brew style!

My profile pic features my two lovable puppies, Mr. Snuggles and Sr. Caliente.

NYC / Westchester