I’ve always wanted to understand people’s fascination with Darjeelings. It sounds so tasty and exotic when others write about it. But my palate just isn’t suited for black teas and I can’t tell what the big deal is. Then TeaEqualsBliss sends me this Darjeeling, except it’s a green tea! Wow!

I had a whole glass of it, but I wasn’t paying attention because my husband was telling me about this movie he saw, and then we had a debate on something, and then my cup was empty. oops. Next time I’ll pay more attention!

From what I gathered though, this tea was a little woodsy and toasty, but also grassy. It reminded me a bit of Japanese greens, but not so smooth and brothy. This tea had a light sparkling quality. My husband tried a sip and said it tasted like black tea. I think I’m making some real progress with this guy! wooo!

My profile pic features my two lovable puppies, Mr. Snuggles and Sr. Caliente.

NYC / Westchester