Strongly floral and honeyish. I don’t usually like darker oolongs, but this one doesn’t taste like the typical dark oolong. Honestly, it’s probably only medium dark, maybe less.

The fragrance and flavor are deeply floral. I’m not good at identifying the different kinds of floral flavors that are usually found in teas. Some expert will have to teach me. Volunteers?
There is also a pleasant honey flavor. Together with the floral flavor, it’s like a top notch floral honey. yum! And underlying the whole thing, there’s tea. Possibly lightly roasted. It keeps the whole thing from being too sweet and cloying. There’s also something a bit like plum about to be over ripe.

Man! This tea smells good!

By the third steep, the roasty tea flavor is stronger and the floral honey is starting to lose.

All my steeps are at a pretty low temperature so far. I find that higher temps bring out harsher flavors. I pretty much treat oolongs like white teas. I’m such a rebel. The leaves are starting to take up a lot of space already and it’s only just starting. I’m always amazed how a tiny amount of dry leaf takes over the whole pot. I can’t stop smelling the leaves. I want my laundry to smell like this. My puppies smell like laundry cause they roll around in the warm clothes from the dryer. Then my clean clothes smell like puppies. So does this mean I secretly want my puppies to smell like tea? My trains of thought take me to crazy places.

Steep four is still strong and delicious. All the previously mentioned flavors are still present but more mellow and blended. I will need to take a break from tea now.

How do you guys keep your tea leaves in between steepings? I just leave it in the pot if doing gong fu style or strainer if doing western style, at room temperature. If I leave it in the pot, should I keep the lid on or off?