I have to admit, I did not have high hopes for this tea. After googling roselle and learning that it’s hibiscus, I was ready to hate this drink. Then my husband requested an iced tea for dinner. So I brewed this up sort of light hoping to mitigate the overwhelming tartness I was expecting, poured it over ice and sugared it up. Wow. This is good. Is that really hibiscus? Is it because I made a light brew? Is it the sugar? Whatever it is, it’s good. It’s softly tart. But mostly, it’s fruity and delicious. Lightly blueberry and more grapey. The juiciest fruit tea of all time.

I ate the berries after brewing. They were tasty and very sweet. I would have eaten more of them, maybe saved them for oatmeal the next day, but they were full of seeds. I probably could have made a second steep. I have enough for a cupful another time. More experimentation laaater. I usually don’t buy fruit teas because they tend to disappoint, but this is certainly one I will consider.

Boiling 8 min or more
Dorothy

Yeah, did you see TeaEqualsBliss tasting note on this tea too? I think it’s cool that roselle and hibiscus are so different. Hopefully more companies will try out roselle.

TeaEqualsBliss

Indeed! I agree with the differences in Roselle and hope more companies use this over their default Hibiscus very soon!!!

Comments

Dorothy

TeaEqualsBliss

My profile pic features my two lovable puppies, Mr. Snuggles and Sr. Caliente.

NYC / Westchester