My taste has returned! I mean, mostly. So to celebrate my ability to taste and smell and breathe through my nose, I decided to try one of the teas Uniquity so generously sent me.

I picked this one since it was the strongest smelling tea of the bunch so even with my nose at 80% performance level, I’ll be able to taste the flavor. When I first opened the pouch, I got a strong whiff of chocolate. After my confusion died down, I sniffed again and found the cantaloupe smell hiding underneath. Awesome. Chocolate and fruit! So I brew it up (with a giant chunk of dried cantaloupe that I plan to eat later) and I get this lovely yellow liquor which smells equally like cantaloupe and chocolate. “This is going to be awesome,” I think to myself as I take my first sip.

mmmmm…. The white tea flavor is pretty strong and mellow. The cantaloupe flavor is just the right strength. It neither overwhelms nor fades into the background. At the end of the sip, there’s a brothy richness that’s a surprising but very enjoyable. I still get a suggestion of chocolate in the taste, but mostly, it’s fruity and summery. It tastes great cold as well. I think this white tea would have been delicious even without added flavor, but the cantaloupe is a sweet touch.

I love the experience of a quality white tea, but I don’t like the caffeine headache and jittery-heart-pounding-ness I get. I’m just so sensitive to chemicals and drugs. I can’t even drink more than half a bottle of beer before I’m flushed. I’m sad that I can only have white tea sparingly, but I’m grateful for the opportunity to experience such tastiness.

LiberTEAS

I am glad to hear that you’re feeling better… that is one of the worst parts for me when I’m sick too, the lack of tasting anything… especially tea!

Uniquity

I’m really glad that you like this one (I didn’t!) but sorry about the caffeine content! I’ve never had a discernible reaction to caffeine (not even mate or guayusa) so I don’t even think about it. At least you thought it was tasty!

Mercuryhime

LiberTEAS: I agree with you 100%.

Uniquity: Don’t worry about the caffeine. It’s totally worth it! I’m grateful that you didn’t like this so that I could get a mostly full pouch of it. :D

Comments

LiberTEAS

Uniquity

Mercuryhime

LiberTEAS: I agree with you 100%.

My profile pic features my two lovable puppies, Mr. Snuggles and Sr. Caliente.

NYC / Westchester