I awoke at around 5 and couldn’t get back to sleep. Tired. :( I got up around 7 and set about searching for a tea that would satisfy my craving for something sweet and creamy. This is the last of my milk oolong samples from Tea from Taiwan. It’s taken me forever to get through them, but I like variety.

Steep 1: Lightly flavored. Vegetal and buttery. I’m getting bok choy. It seems the oolongs from Tea from Taiwan are often like bok choy and cooked watercress. Which is ok, since these are some of my favorite vegetables.

Steep 2: Buttery vegetables are more upfront now. A hint of flowers of some sort. There’s a drying effect on my tongue.

Odd, I’m not really enjoying this. I don’t really want to go for steep 3 even though the leaves have plenty more to give. Perhaps my recent fascination with dancongs is ruining me for other oolongs. I also can’t really discern the difference between this and many of the other oolongs from this vendor. I do think a couple stood out as really tasty, but this is not one of them.

ah well, maybe I’m in a hot chocolate kind of mood. Or chai.