I may be the first to try out this tea; my DAVID’s Tea order came today, and with it three samples from the Winter Collection. So excited!

Then, I saw the sample size, and thought… what do I do with this? It’s so small. Can I even get a cup out of it? I decided to see what came out of the package (literally, 5 chunks of what looked like grey fuzzy coal), and then steep it twice the recommended amount to get at least a hint of the flavors.

Smells like water, looks like a light amber. Steeped twice for 7 minutes each, just trying my best to milk out everything I could, flavor-wise.

The flavor is so vague and faint, it’s hard to tell what this is. Some spice, maybe? A hint of apple. I added some Truvia to see if the flavors come out to play a bit more. I get apple now, most definitely, and plum oddly. Fig is a bit of a stretch (even though I’m pretty sure those chunks I saw were figs).

Dammit. I need more than 5g to tell if this is something I want to purchase. Right now? It’s just faintly flavored water. Note for next time: less water, smaller cup, extra long steeping for these mini-samples.

M Mack

This tea is so chunky and heavy 5g is no where near enough for a good taste!