drank Samurai Chai Mate by Teavana

Walking by Teavana, knowing I have a doozy of an article to write tonight, prompted me to stop in for some mate. This was the only mate they had that was appealing, so I asked for it neat, and cold. While it steeped we discussed the four yuck teas I was gifted with my Breville purchase (all discontinued), and why I’m feeling violent nausea whenever I drink oolong (supposedly, it’s healing my gut and so I should drink more. Discuss?)

I was surprised at first sip; it’s sweet with zero sweetener added, while spicy and tangy too. Cinnamon takes over here, and while I LOVE it, like others have mentioned, my tongue is now numb. I keep on drinking it though, because its the punch-in-the-face I needed, and that’s just how I like my flavors, too.

VariaTEA

You should try their blend of this and Maharajah Chai Oolong if you have not already. It is great – although if it is steeped too long the cinnamon becomes overpoweringly sweet.

MissB

The lady behind the counter said it’s better blended, however with the oolong-induced nausea, I was scared to try, knowing I had to buckle down and work. I’ll definitely try it the next time I’m by, and maybe have something to eat, first? Dunno what my issue is, because I really do love oolong.

MissB

.. and thanks for the suggestion! :)

VariaTEA

Oops…I probably should have gone to bed last night rather than being on steepster because I realize now I did some silly things such as suggesting oolong to someone who just clearly stated oolong makes then nauseous :( I am sorry to hear that btw…I guess keep this suggestion in mind for if you ever build up enough tolerance to oolong? Perhaps if they suggest to drink more oolong, a blend would be a good place to start because there won’t be as much of it to upset you stomach?

MissB

That’s what I’m hoping. I’m going to research this a bit more, because it’s the first I’ve heard that oolong will somehow ‘cure’ my stomach issues (this is a first too because I rarely have stomach issues). I’m curious more than anything, because if it’s true, I’ll definitely make a point of drinking more.

Comments

VariaTEA

MissB

.. and thanks for the suggestion! :)

MissB

Teaholic, with a leaning toward rooibos, green, puerh and white teas, although I’m trying some black tea again. Missing living near a tea shoppe that offers a lot of options; my only (within walking distance) choices are currently mall-bound. Still, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to tea.

Burnaby, BC, Canada