drank Black Forest Cake by LuxBerry Tea

My LuxBerry order came in this morning, strangely in two separate bubble envelopes – I’m assuming because then they’d fit through the notorious Canada Post mailer slot that, if too big, increases the cost of mailing exponentially. This was the tea that kept on calling to me… even though it’s ambitious, to say the least. Okay, I’m throwing caution to the wind and having some green and mate tea at 4pm. Living on the edge!

I should note that I’m sick, so my sense of taste and smell are a bit off. I should just stick with my known favorites, and yet… this is new tea, dammit!

Opening the bag brought a strong, natural cherry scent, which concerned me somewhat. Steeped, it smells similarly, with a hint of cakeyness. Tasting it, I’m just getting black tea again. I really want to love this tea, so I add some Truvia. Uh oh, now the cherry is coming back after the sip, and it’s both astrigent and, dare I say, chemical-tasting. Which is odd considering there’s only natural flavoring in here. I get where the ‘cake’ bit comes from, as there is a cake-y mouthfeel.

Gr. I should just stick with the cold herbals until I stop coughing. :( Going to hold off on the rating until I feel better, or until my daughter gives me her opinion.

EDIT: My teenage daughter says, “Yep, it kinda tastes like cherry. I like the other one (Cinnamon Star) much more.”