drank White Chocolate Frost by DAVIDsTEA

I really enjoyed Teavana’s version of this blend, so I had to compare the two. The lady behind the counter at DT warned me to steep this less than the package stated because the mint overpowers everything — and I forgot. So… this is very minty, and it’s taken until it cooled to really get anything other than mint out of it.

Like Birthday Cake, this also has a film-y, buttery, creamy oddness to it. I like it, and yet… I want more chocolate in this blend, and less oil.

I think I’ll stick to Teavana’s version, I definitely liked it more. Okay, I will try one more time with the last of what I have, and steep it much less. To make it fair. Right? Yeah, that’s it.

VariaTEA

That’s weird that you mention the oils on this one because I thought the Teavana blend was very oily however I had this as a latte and thought it was amazing so perhaps to get the comparison I would need to have the Teavana blend as a latte too

MissB

They’re both oily, and I’m sure it’s from the chocolate. I much prefer teas that use caocao beans or husks (or hell, even flavoring) to make chocolate teas. I’d say this one is oilier, only because it lingered all night and into the morning in my mouth, and so much so that I was able to moisturize my lips with it. ;) They were equally fun to scrub out of my kettle, although this one was a bit easier.

VariaTEA

Tbh I only ever had this as a latte from DAVIDs but after trying White Chocolate Peppermint, I can say I prefer the taste of this one. And I know the lingering of oily teas – I had Teavana’s Pumpkin Spice Brulee and I still have nightmares about the oil given it coated my mouth and even after brushing I could still not get rid of it.

MissB

This one is definitely mintier. I also find I can rarely re-create what they make for me in-store, unless I ask for it unsweetened. I was tempted to grab a to-go of this as a latte yesterday, however the store was SO busy, and I’d just taken up a 30 min of a staff member’s time making a ridiculous number of 20g samples for me to try out and take home.

VariaTEA

I never add sweetner to my lattes so I have luckily been able to recreate what they make at home and I have definitely been that person taking up all of a staff members time before.

Fjellrev

I had no idea Teavana made something similar. The oil slick is such a turnoff, and totally ruins the experience, in my opinion.

MissB

I think Teavana called theirs White Chocolate Peppermint, and it really just looks like white and dark chocolate bits. I’ve got a few chocolate teas coming, and I really hope they pass on the oils.

Fjellrev

Ah, I see it’s a rooibos. Just too bad you have to commit to 2 oz. with them.

Comments

VariaTEA

Fjellrev

Ah, I see it’s a rooibos. Just too bad you have to commit to 2 oz. with them.

Burnaby, BC, Canada