drank Boléro by Mariage Frères

This is a beautiful tea, both in how it smells and what it looks like. My immediate thought was Mediterranean, which is a bit odd considering I think more olives, feta and pasta -like smells when thinking of that part of the world. The apricot/peach is strong, as is something else fruity and deep.

I was a bit concerned with my first sip that there are strawberries in here, which I’m allergic to. I tried finding a list of ingredients however I gave up; the box just says black tea, cornflower, mallow and flavors. Sigh.

I took two sips, even though the first one confirmed for me there are strawberries in here, I just had to taste to make sure. (Call me willful). It’s a tart, earl grey -like black, with apricot and peaches at the forefront, and I think a flowery fig in there somewhere, too. Definitely strawberries as well, and something rosey. I’d love it and drink more if I could, and it would likely hold up well to some cream and sugar.

And so, I will package this up for my teenage daughter to drink, because I know she’ll love it. If anyone would like to try some of this in the impending swaps, let me know.

Which, incidentally, three packages showed up today, however Canada Post just left the note to pick them up tomorrow. I’m really hoping it’s my Red Leaf and 52Teas orders! :)

Dexter3657

I bought a tin of this. The earl grey comment scares me – ick. I was expecting black fruity. Will have to try it and see….
(According to the tracking, one of those packages should be my swap package to you.)

MissB

Maybe it is black fruity; the allergic reaction definitely messed with my ability to taste.

And, yay! I’d hoped the third one was yours. If 52Teas is with it, I can send you off your package, finally. :)

OMGsrsly

Oh, that really sucks!

MissB

Yea, I’m a bit sad. Just means more lovely tea to share, though! :)

Comments

Dexter3657

OMGsrsly

Oh, that really sucks!

MissB

Yea, I’m a bit sad. Just means more lovely tea to share, though! :)

Teaholic, with a leaning toward rooibos, green, puerh and white teas, although I’m trying some black tea again. Missing living near a tea shoppe that offers a lot of options; my only (within walking distance) choices are currently mall-bound. Still, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to tea.

Burnaby, BC, Canada