Oh my goodness. This smelled lovely, so I put some in a swap package that I’m mailing out shortly, and now feel badly that I did.

It tastes horrible. Like, bitter angry tart horrible. I erred on the side of the bag instructions (3-5 min, boiling) when I thought I should leave this at just below boiling and 3 minutes… and maybe I should have. There’s an ugly chemical-y taste coming from the caocao chunks, and that’s all I can taste.

Trying to save this cup, I added Truvia. I’ll have to wait a bit since the horrible taste is stuck in there now… however it did smooth things out considerably. Going to let this sit and see if it improves after cooling and brushing my teeth and tongue. >.<

Fjellrev

Blech. I haven’t been too impressed with their teas, to be honest.

MissB

Yep, this went down the drain. I can only hope the others are at least marginally better.

Fjellrev

They were at the Victoria tea festival last year and I found that their teas were either too bitter or the flavour was missing. Very temperamental. Their nut matcha was decent but ehhhh.

Dexter3657

I read this when you first posted it, and thought ugggg – I’ve been there – sent out swap packages with out trying a tea first.
I’m drinking this tonight. (Thank you for the sample) I’ll write a tasting note but we aren’t having the same experience. This isn’t that bad to me. That’s why you never apologize for sending it out – the recipient may have a different opinion. :))

Comments

Fjellrev

Blech. I haven’t been too impressed with their teas, to be honest.

MissB

Dexter3657

Teaholic, with a leaning toward rooibos, green, puerh and white teas, although I’m trying some black tea again. Missing living near a tea shoppe that offers a lot of options; my only (within walking distance) choices are currently mall-bound. Still, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to tea.

Burnaby, BC, Canada