Received my Whispering Pines order this morning – a full two weeks before I was expecting it. Awesome! Loved the hand written note and business card from Brenden as well; made me want to jump right in and start trying things.

My daughter was here when I opened the bag, and the first thing she grabbed was this. “Hmmm… Mom? Can we try this?” I had to explain to her this was a sophisticated tea, in that there was zero flavoring. Off she went to do something else. I decided to brew some up.

First up – One tablespoon per cup? Hm. I see on Steepster it says TWO tablespoons per cup. Jeepers, I would have used up my entire 50g with the liter of water I boiled up in the Breville if I’d done that. I decided to stick with what was on my bag (one tablespoon) and see how I fared. I should note that opening this bag was divine – smells just like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Steeped, I just smell mint, and very faintly. My first sips were complex. There’s little at the start – I struggled to taste anything at all initially – and then the chocolate-covered espresso beans comes through. The mint is also surprisingly subtle, and only comes out a good few seconds after the sip. It’s delicate (surprising for a black) and quite amazing. I love this tea.

I’m scared to add any sort of cream or sugar, however I do want to see how the flavors change, if at all… stay tuned for that, if or when I do. For now, I’m just going to enjoy this 2 cups of bliss.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Wowza, I’m glad you noticed that typo! It’s definitely 1 tablespoon per cup :)

Also glad you’re enjoying them and that your package got there early! :D

Bonnie

If you do add sweetening and cream it will bring out the cocoa even more. The Fijian Black Tea base is my friend. Even clover (not wild or blossom) honey works OK ( I rarely say this about anything but herbal or chai tea’s).

MissB

Thanks for the tips! I’m excited to play around with this tea a bit. It’s definitely on my re-order list.

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Wowza, I’m glad you noticed that typo! It’s definitely 1 tablespoon per cup :)

Also glad you’re enjoying them and that your package got there early! :D