drank Jessie's Tea by DAVIDsTEA

After my other tea fiascos this evening, I wanted to try something that I could easily see – yes, this will help me fall asleep. Rooibos, lavender, coconut? Odd combo, however it sounded like this might do the trick. Bought 20g to try it out, and after making a liter of tea (4 cups), there’s enough for just one more cup – so into the swap/gift box it went.

I was surprised by the smell, having yet to smell lavender and coconut together. Reminded me of floral sunscreen, which is okay. Unfortunately, it tastes like floral sunscreen to me, which is something other than what I wanted. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by the other amazing coconut teas of late, however this coconut tastes… too creamy. Does that even make sense? I cook with coconut oil almost exclusively and eat a tremendous amount of coconut milk in my curries, so I like to think I’m pretty familiar with coconut. Maybe it’s the oil/buttery feel from the flavoring, coupled with the lavender and coconut?

While moderately sweet already, I had to add some Truvia. Yea, the coconut comes out more clearly now, but the darn oil slick on top… yes, I can actually see it, even though I have a huge black mug.

It’s drinkable, however I’ll purchase other teas in the future.